Do you love to dance? Love to get your groove on? Do you have 10 minutes to spare? Well than put on your shoes, turn on the music in your living room and dance away to good health. What better way to exercise and have fun, all while benefiting your body and mind.
Here are some reasons to dance the night away.
- Burn calories. Weighing about 150 pounds for instance, you can burn 165 calories with 30 minutes of moderate-intensity dancing, or 330 calories after one hour.
- Reduce stress and improve mood. Dancing can lower your stress levels and boost your mood.
- Help your heart. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate aerobic activity on most days of the week to get optimal heart-health benefits.
- Strengthen your bones. Dancing is high-impact and weight-bearing, both of which help keep bones strong.
- Build endurance. Dancing increases your heart rate and breathing. Over time, dancing can help build your endurance or stamina.
- Tailored personally to you. Depending on your fitness level, you can get your groove on with light, moderate or vigorous intensity.
Until next time …let’s dance, dance, dance!