Solitude

“Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is richness of self.”
May Sarton.

Up until about 6 years ago I did not know what it was to be alone, nor did I ever think I wanted to be.  It was only after my divorce that the realization of the importance of being alone resonated.  Now I understand that we need that solitude.  Solitude teaches us about ourselves, by being alone with our thoughts we grow and discover a world of things we hadn’t imagined. We discover hidden talents, new strengths and an independence, new founded self-confidence to embrace and enjoy our much needed personal time.

“Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

For this weeks Photo Challenge:  Solitude I have chosen some pictures from my library that I think represent solitude well.

652

My son, alone with his thoughts and the ever crashing waves …

492

A walk in the park to clear your head, on a nice December day. – Austin, TX.

Until next time …

Thanks for visiting!

medw_cowgirl-003

Untitled

11 Comments Add yours

1. Arl's World says:

Thank you! So sorry about the slow response!

1. Mari says:

Yes! I love this share. It wasn’t until after a breakup that I too learned the difference between lonely and alone. Now I love love love my alone time. It is so important. It helps balance all relationships in our lives. Great share:)

Liked by 1 person

1. Arl's World says:

Thank you Mari! This is so true! 🙂

2. Glad you learnt to appreciate solitude. Many don’t. Great quotes and photos. The one of your son is priceless.

Liked by 1 person

1. Arl's World says:

Thank you! My apologies for the late response!

Liked by 1 person

1. No problem. I haven’t had internet all week so all my responses are late also. It hsppens

3. Pilgrim says:

Arlene, love to see the tree shirt and your son spending quiet time. We teach this to our children and how soon we forget that how important solitude is. Perpetua

Liked by 1 person

1. Arl's World says:

Thank you! Yes, true! I am so sorry about the late response …

4. nomadwrites says:

Great photos. Love the quotes. Thanks for sharing.

Liked by 1 person

1. Arl's World says:

Thank you, I appreciate your comment! My apologies for the late response.

Hey Y'all! Please leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w