In honor of Mother’s Day, I give you a fun and delicious cake recipe, perfect for Mother’s Day or any springtime occasion. This cake is colorful and moist with just the right amount of sweetness. Sure to be a big hit with Mom’s everywhere.
This post is part of Fiesta Friday link up party. Come on over and join the fun!
to all the wonderful Mother’s at Fiesta Friday and all over the world!!
Springtime Celebration Cake
By: Arl’s World
- Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake
- small box of lemon Jello gelatin
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- Blend cake mix, Jello mix, oil, water and eggs until moistened.
- Blend on medium speed for 5 minutes
- Grease and flour 9×9 round cake pan
- Pour cake batter into dish or pan
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 (18 oz) Duncan Hines White or Yellow cake mix
- 1 small box of strawberry jello gelatin
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Slice strawberries and, using a fork mash them until they resemble a puree.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or spray a 9″ pan.
- Stir together cake mix and dry Jell-O powder.
- Add oil, water, eggs and 1 cup of pureed strawberries. Mix thoroughly, about 2 minutes on medium.
- Pour evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan then remove to cooling rack.
- Combine the butter, 16 ounces of powdered sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Add more sugar to reach frosting consistency.
- Place the thickest cake layer upside down on serving plate, frost the top only to about ½ inch from the sides.
- Repeat layers then frost the top and sides of the cake.
- For best flavor, store cake in refrigerator.
- Sprinkle with fun springtime confetti