Belle Of The Ball – Friday Fictioneers

PHOTO PROMPT -Copyright Rochelle Wisoff-Fields

PHOTO PROMPT –Copyright Rochelle Wisoff-Fields

Bella stood on the balcony overlooking her Papa’s plantation.  Dreamy eyed, she gazed out upon the land.  Today was a special day, one she had waited for all her 16 years.  She would wear her finest dress, Mama had it special ordered all the way from Charleston.  She was so excited, she could hardly breathe.  All eyes would be on her tonight.  Just wait until Drew saw her, she thought, why he would not look twice at that awful ole Beatrice!  Tonight he would be hers!  Her thoughts were interrupted, “Bella, Bella, come here child.  It’s time to get ready.”

This post is a part of  Friday Fictioneers.  Friday Fictioneers is hosted by Rochelle Wisoff-Fields. Click on the link below and join the fun  🙂

Thanks for Visiting!

Untitledmedw_cowgirl-003

14 Comments Add yours

1. Dear Arlene,

This has a Gone with the Wind feeling to it. I hope Bella has better luck with Drew than Scarlett had with Ashley. 😉 A nice snippet of plantation life.

Shalom,

Rochelle

Liked by 1 person

1. Arl's World says:

Hi Rochelle! Thanks so much for stopping by. It does have that Gone with the Wind feel to it …one of my favorite classics! 🙂 Scarlett was a mess and I think my Bella is too! 😉 Thanks so much for hosting, I am really enjoying Friday Fictioneers.

2. Oh to be 16 again. I love the sense of possibility in this piece.

1. Arl's World says:

Thank you Tracey! Yes, Bella is a mess and something tells me she will have many more adventures. 😉

3. A porch inspires so much imagination!

1. Arl's World says:

Hi Julie! Yes, when I looked at this picture for this weeks prompt, I knew it would be a fun one. It just speaks old South to me. Thanks for commenting! I hope you are having a good week so far. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Hi Arl! I actually joined your club two weeks ago today with a THR. I’m sidelined right now but hope to take advantage of the down time with a book or too. Thank for commenting!

2. Arl's World says:

Oh my Julie! I do wish you a speedy recovery! The pain is no fun …but the down time is nice 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. I am learning to be a slug. I am not minding it too much. 🙂 Especially since the weather isn’t any fun right now. I do miss my kitchen though and I think my husband is missing me in the husband.

4. I have always enjoyed that “Southern Belle” type theme. Good job!

1. Arl's World says:

Thank you! I love the stories of the old south, the plantations and the people who lived in them. It just seemed natural to me to write about that, when I saw what the prompt was. Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting! 🙂

5. I think you have a typical 16 year old personality down pat!

Liked by 1 person

1. Arl's World says:

Thank you Joy! Yes, I think Bella is a true 16 year old teenager, with plenty of attitude! 😉

Liked by 1 person

1. You did it wonderful!

Liked by 1 person

Hey Y'all! Please leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w