Love Has No Fear – Friday Fictioneers

garden maze

PHOTO PROMPT – Copyright – Melanie Greenwood

She never liked mazes …the feeling of being lost, wandering about endlessly, trying to find a way out only to come to another wrong turn.  Her anxiety of small places and feeling trapped always got the best of her, she had long ago learned to avoid such places.

Today would have been no different had her son not raced ahead of her and into the maze.  “Mommy come catch me!”  Running fast, in she went, anxiety building.  She stopped short, her son standing there; sun beaming down on his joyful face, he was holding a butterfly and laughing.  All her anxiety lifted, replaced by love.

~

This is Friday Fictioneers, a 100-word story inspired each week by the picture prompt selected. Friday Fictioneers is hosted  by Rochelle Wisoff-Fields. Click on the link and join the fun  🙂

Thanks for Visiting!

Untitledmedw_cowgirl-003

19 Comments Add yours

1. kirsten says:

This is lovely. Isn’t amazing how a child’s joy can erase all of our fears!

1. Arl's World says:

Yes Kirsten, it is amazing what the love of a child will do! Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting!

Liked by 1 person

2. Ahh, that’s sweet.

1. Arl's World says:

Thank you so much! I appreciate you stopping by! 🙂

3. eLPy says:

Nice story. (Real quick though I think you mean wandering not wondering??) This is a nice feel good story and I like how it builds then lightens into this sweet idea that she was freed by love.

🙂

1. Arl's World says:

Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate your take on it. 🙂 And yes, wandering!! Haha, dear me, you can read something a 100 times and sometimes still miss it, spell check and all! Thanks for noticing 😉

Liked by 1 person

1. eLPy says:

Absolutely!

Hey I self-published a poetry book and even as I read and re-ordered my poems it was still so easy to miss a few things

🙂

4. Lori says:

This is so good….loved reading it Arl!

Liked by 1 person

1. Arl's World says:

Thanks so much Lori! I’m having fun with it 🙂

5. Dear Arlene,

What a nice way to have her anxiety lift.

Shalom,

Rochelle

Liked by 1 person

1. Arl's World says:

Thanks so much Rochelle! Yes, better than any pill 🙂

6. afairymind says:

This is just lovely. The best way for her to lose her anxiety. 🙂

1. Arl's World says:

Thank you! Love for a child will do it everytime! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

7. A story which demonstrates that love conquers all. Lovely

1. Arl's World says:

Thanks so much Irene! I appreciate you stopping by and commenting! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

8. Hey, Arl, thanks for turning me on to Friday Fictioneers. I posted my first story but I had no recipe for Fiesta Friday. 😦 Tracey

Liked by 1 person

1. Arl's World says:

Hi Tracey! You are welcome! I am glad to hear it, I will enjoy reading your stories. I did not bring anything for FF last week either. I am shooting for this week. 🙂

9. Aquileana says:

Beautiful short piece!… Thanks for sharing, Arlene! ⭐ Aquileana~

1. Arl's World says:

Short and sweet! 😉 Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting! ❤

Liked by 1 person

Hey Y'all! Please leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w