Weekly Photo Challenge: Spring

Photos of Spring Flowers in the Garden

red flower.1 beautiful pink flower1 beautiful pink flower.2 purple and yellow flower flower

It has been a bit since I have participated in the Weekly Photo Challenge, hosted by The Daily Post.  In fact I have missed out on  a few of my favorite weekly challenges. The AtoZ Challenge it turns out, really is a challenge.  It is not always opportune to post everyday.  Now that I survived that, yay! …I am back.  For this week’s Weekly Photo Challenge:  Spring, of course, I decided to go with flowers.

My son was visiting his grandmother on Friday and while waiting for him to gather his things, I decided to take a stroll around the lovely garden.  I am not sure what type of flowers these are but they are beautiful and full of bloom.

A Poem to celebrate Spring …

Spring, the sweet spring

Spring, the sweet spring, is the year’s pleasant king,
Then blooms each thing, then maids dance in a ring,
Cold doth not sting, the pretty birds do sing:
      Cuckoo, jug-jug, pu-we, to-witta-woo!
The palm and may make country houses gay,
Lambs frisk and play, the shepherds pipe all day,
And we hear aye birds tune this merry lay:
      Cuckoo, jug-jug, pu-we, to-witta-woo!
The fields breathe sweet, the daisies kiss our feet,
Young lovers meet, old wives a-sunning sit,
In every street these tunes our ears do greet:
      Cuckoo, jug-jug, pu-we, to witta-woo!
            Spring, the sweet spring!

~ Thomas Nashe

11 Comments Add yours

1. Amazing combination! Love it, the second last shot is incredible!

1. Arl's World says:

Thanks so much and for stopping by!

2. Equipping The Saints says:

Thank you for your post; beautiful pictures, beautiful words. May God richly bless you.

Senior Pastor/Equipping the Saints
    Philip 3:10, “That I May Know Him”

3. Nancy says:

Gorgeous, Arl! I’m loving the accompanying poems you’re matching up with your photos, too!

1. Arl's World says:

Thanks so much Nancy!

4. Lori says:

Your garden is looking great! Gorgeous flowers Arl!! Wow!

1. Arl's World says:

Thanks Lori! 🙂

5. Beautiful! I love flowers. Not purchased ones but those that are outdoors, pollinated and undisturbed.

1. Arl's World says:

Thank you so much! Yes I agree! I often want to pick them and take them in and put them in a vase …but then there beauty would be disturbed for it would not last. So I often just take pictures. 🙂

1. Happy you leave them put and photograph for us to see. You’re welcome

Hey Y'all! Please leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w