I don’t know about you, but I have eaten light all week. Why, you ask …am I on a diet? No …not exactly …I am saving up to have all those wonderfully delicious dishes that we will eat over at Angie’s, The Novice Gardener. We will be feasting …for it is Fiesta Friday!!
It is Easter time and one of the desserts my Mom always baked at Easter was a Coconut Cake. Although this is not my Mom’s recipe, I think it is quite good. Very moist, creamy and fluffy.
The pudding in the mix makes it extra moist and gives it a little more of a coconut flavor. It is quick and easy and delicious! This is one I will definitely make again. Please do have a slice. Wishing all of you a Blessed and Happy Easter time!
Pudding Coconut Cake
- 1 package Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package coconut cream instant pudding and pie filling
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup flaked coconut
- 1 can Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting
- 1⅓ cups flaked coconut
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9″ round cake pans.
- For cake, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in ⅓ cup coconut. Divide into pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 32 to 37 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool following package directions.
- Fill and frost cake. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Refrigerate until ready to serve.