The Sunshine Award is an award given to blogs you feel are “positive, inspiring and creative.” I was very happy to be nominated recently for this award by a fellow blogger, The Not So Creative Cook. She has a really great blog with the most wonderful recipes. Oh my gosh, I get hungry just looking at all those delicious recipes You should definitely stop by her blog and check it out. No need to open a cookbook, you can find a yummy recipe for every day of the week. She is definitely a most creative cook! Thanks so much for the nomination Jhuls!! I am truly honored to receive this award!!
Part of accepting this award is answering questions chosen for you by the person who nominated you.
Here are my questions …
- What food/ingredient(s) you always make sure you have? Milk is always on the top of the list.
- What is your favorite dish to cook? My Son’s favorite, Chicken Enchilada Casserole and mine Spaghetti and Meatballs.
- What is you favorite breakfast food? Pancakes!
- What is/are your other interest/s aside from cooking and baking? Photography and Design
- What is your favorite comfort food? Chocolate
- What is the first thing you’ve cooked or baked? As a little girl I would always help my mom bake by stirring the ingredients, etc. In HS Home Economics I remember we made an Omelet.
- What is you favorite thing from your kitchen? Okay, you can name three. My Keurig Coffee Maker, my blender and my large chopping knife I got from Cutco.
- What is the latest thing you bought for your kitchen? A cute little plaque to hang on the wall that says “Home Sweet Kitchen”
- Who inspired you to make your blog? No one really, Myself I guess.
- Any advice to other new bloggers? Blog as often as you can, have fun with it! If you have trouble writing, write as if you were writing for just you, not for anyone else to read. If you want to meet people and have visitors then visit as many blogs as you can and see what other people are doing, get out there and be social. Participate in challenges.
Now it is time for me to in turn, nominate some blogs. So many talented blogs …it is hard to know who to nominate.
And the Nominees are …
These are truly great blogs and I enjoy reading their posts. I hope all of you will be able to accept. Some of you may have at one point already received a nomination for this award. Accepting this award is truly optional. If you do choose to accept, then may I give to you …
- Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post and/or on your blog
- Link to the blogger who nominated you
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
- Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
…and the QUESTIONS:
- What is your favorite comfort food?
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- What is your biggest regret?
- Tell me about what you consider to be your best attribute.
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favorite animal?
- What is your most-worn item in your closet?
- What is you favorite breakfast food?
- If you could live anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
- If you could do anything over what would it be and how would you do it differently?
Thanks again to The Not So Creative Cook, for the nomination, it was so nice of you to think of me. Congratulations to all the nominees and fellow bloggers, you all do a great job every day!