When I started this blog I did not know what to expect. I knew I wanted to write, to express my thoughts and share my experiences. I did not expect to meet such wonderful people along the way. WordPress has a great community of bloggers that I am happy to be a part of. One of the ways this community shows their support of new blogs is the Liebster Award. I was very happy to be nominated recently for this award by a fellow blogger, Life in The Orchard. She has a really great blog with wonderful home-made recipes, fun crafts and helpful tips and information. Thanks so much for the nomination!! I am truly honored to receive this award!!
Part of accepting this award is answering questions chosen for you by the person who nominated you.
Here are my questions from Life in The Orchard:
1. What do you get out of blogging? It is a great creative outlet to express your thoughts and display what you are passionate about. I also find blogging to be very therapeutic and a fun way to meet other bloggers and experience what is out there.
2. What is your least favorite thing about blogging and why? I do not like when I am struggling with a post, trying to find the right words …sometimes the words do not come. Sometimes it makes me feel like if I were a better writer the words would just flow effortlessly. Other bloggers make it look so easy.
3. What is one piece of advice you’d give your 18-year-old self? Go to college and get a good education. I cannot stress the importance of a good education. Or at least know what you want and go after it at an early age. Do not put this off, it will be harder to do the longer you wait.
4. What is your favorite memory from growing up? My favorite memory would be of my Mother. I used to love watching her in the kitchen, baking, especially so at Christmas time. She would make this wonderful fudge and decorate the house ….such a festive time and such good memories.
5. If you could give only one piece of advice to your children what would it be? Gosh, this is a hard one. I have so much advice; I have learned so much I want them to benefit from. I would definitely go back to #3, what I said for myself. Also, I would say to always try to be a better person and make a better world.
6. Your guilty pleasure? Food! LOL There are certain things I am not supposed to eat …like sugary sweets, fried foods …I try to eat healthy as much as possible.
7. What is your favorite thing about blogging and why? It gives me a sense of accomplishment in trying something new. I am learning so much about blogging, photography, writing … It makes me feel good to write and share my world. I also love exploring other blogs and seeing things through others eyes, places they have traveled etc.
8. What’s your favorite TV show and why? I like a good crime drama like Dexter or The Killings because I am always so curious as to why it happened, how it happened, who did it and why. I like House Hunters International on HGTV, love seeing all the places they go to! I also enjoy watching the shows where they flip houses or make over a house and re-decorate. Always good comedies like Modern Family …a good, funny sitcom where you laugh, enjoy and don’t have to think too much. 🙂
9. What do you crave sweet or salty treats? Both! Yikes! I probably snack on more salty treats though. Stuff like popcorn, peanuts and Cheez-Its.
10. Tell me about what you consider to be your best attribute. This is always a hard question for me. I don’t know if I have one that stands out. I think I am caring and compassionate. Optimistic and self-reliant.
Now it is time for me to in turn, nominate some blogs. These are bloggers that I feel are doing a really lovely job and I enjoy reading their post. They are however under absolutely no obligation to accept the award! This is just to say keep up the good work! 🙂
My nomination’s for this award are…
Wandering Iris – I enjoy seeing her photos in my reader everyday. All of them with an interesting story to tell. Great post on the Ozarks.
Ramblings on the Wall – Such a cool blog. I love reading her post about life with all the funny memes.
Hello to fit – A great blog on Nutrition with recipes, and helpful tips on keeping you fit. It has given me inspiration to eat healthier than ever!
Tomatoempire – What a cute blog about tomatoes! His blog is off to a good start with some delicious pasta recipes .
News Anchor to Homemaker – This is the cutest blog! She has delicious recipes and very useful tips on motherhood and family life.
Ordinary girl, extraordinary dreamer – She has a great Travel blog. I love reading her post and seeing her photos. I feel like I am there right along with her.
Rules for the Nominees:
If you are nominated for a Liebster Award and choose to accept, this is what you should do:
1. Post the award on your blog
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
3. Answer the questions given to you by the nominator
4. Nominate 5 to 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers
5. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
6. Notify your nominees by posting on their blog
And now …here are your questions. 🙂
1. What do you want to accomplish by blogging?
2. What household chore do you hate the most?
3. What is your favorite memory from growing up?
4. What’s your favorite TV show and why?
5. What is your favorite thing about blogging and why?
6. If you had to move to another country RIGHT NOW what country would you pick and why?
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years and what are you doing?
8. What super power would you choose to have?
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
10. What famous person would you like to meet?
Thanks again to Life in The Orchard for the nomination, it was so nice of you to think of me. Congratulations to all the nominees and fellow bloggers, you all do a great job every day!